Sunday, January 11

An atheists' advertising campain on many of the London's public buses reads,

"There's probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life"


I think it's hilarious. This advertising slogan seems to remind me how I have lost all faith in everything- justice, ethics, religion, relationships, you name it.

Religion, to me, is just about another political organisation. If you're not clear, think about the motivation behind, say for example, Crusades and Holy wars then. I have spoken blasphemy? I might have, to a fair few.


With religious issues aside, how many of us actually question things under the layers of superfical conveyance by the multi-media and perhaps pause to think about why certain things are included, or excluded from our history education?


The truth is, we're living in an immoral world today, but yet, I don't understand why we still bother trying hard to pretend to be moral beings. So, maybe, if there's at least one thing that is real, it has to be conscience. I'm somehow glad that I don't have to graduate and become a teacher. How could I teach and supposedly inspire the lives of others when I don't even know what is moral and what is not now? Everyday, I wake up to these grey hues, and struggle with deciphering colours of black and white.


A real persimistic post for today, isn't it? My cynicism is getting infectious. I'm probably reading too much into things again. I probably just need a carefree break soon, to get myself outta the trap.


***************************************************


There are brighter things than this of course. I'm a vain somebody, who loves to capture every moment of my youth, the moment where a particular style clings to me like a perfect mould.

This would often materialise into vanity shots, which I'm convinced to keep with me for the rest of my lives, and look back with great fondness when I'm old and grey.

And there we are, with fine food again on a lazy Saturday, at Bonnefoi Boulevard. It's one of my favourite places in Bunbury, with sheltered waterfront and an upmarket feel. A new hotel along the stretch, I think it's Mantra, had its official opening recently. I'd think that it's going to be great!
Looking at all these beautiful things around me, in these suburban areas I've been living in, coupled with a few ideas I have read from a novel recently, makes me feel like wanting to do a little tour package and just bring people to experience an insider's world where most travel agencies do not offer. Travelling can be so affordable and enriching without forgoing simple luxuries.


Lastly, I've finally enjoyed a good saturday with SL, without any emergency calls to attend to. The last few weeks, back from weeks leading up to Christmas have been one hell of a trying time for us. We do hold differing priorities in life sometimes, and understanding needs to be especially strong for us.

The desire for couples to try and make time for each other is important. If the promise to grow old together, and stick together for better and for worse has to hold, then time commitment to nuture the relationship is of essence. The longer a relationship is allowed to deteriorate or taken for granted, the harder it is to get it back up to scratch.

I'm looking forward to the long-awaited break. Hopefully, no last minute surprises as before!

No comments: